This Training Curriculum for Training of Trainers in the Baltic region on the topic of hate crime and how to tackle it from the civil society perspective „Capacity and Network Building Through Knowledge Sharing to Address Racism, Xenophobia and Other Forms of Intolerance” and the accompanying guidelines on how to prepare and run the aforementioned training was developed by Ewa Stoecker within the framework of the project „Police and NGO Cooperation to Combat Hate Crime in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania: PONGO”, co-funded by the European Union’s Rights, Equality and Citizenship Programme.
The main goal of the training is to prepare the future trainers in the Baltic region on the subject of hate crime and how to tackle it.
After the training participants will:
- Understand societal processes that contribute to inequality, bias, stereotypes and bias motivated incidents.
- Understand exclusion/ marginalization of different groups from a human rights-based perspective.
- Recognize and understand the dynamics of hate crimes and the impact that hate crimes have on victims and communities.
- Understand the necessity to increase awareness of the impact of hate crimes in the society and among communities.
- Have knowledge about victim support.
- Understand legislation both at EU and state level.
- Understand the extent of bias incidents and hate crimes in the Baltic states and EU.
- Be familiar with case studies from Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia and also from other EU countries.
Development of the Curriculum was financially supported by the European Union’s Rights, Equality and Citizenship Programme under the Grant Agreement number 809533–PONGO–REC-AG-2017/REC-RRAC-RACI-AG-2017; project titled ‘Police and NGO Cooperation to Combat Hate Crime in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania: PONGO’. The content of these documents represents the views of the author only and is their sole responsibility. The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for use that may be made of the information it contains.
This project is co-funded by the European Union