Our friends and partners
„Fair Trials International“ Together with FTI we work to promote criminal justice reforms. Our partnership began in 2013 when we undertook a joint research on pre-trial detention in the EU and advocated for reducing the use of this meassure. We drew the Lithuanian authorities attention to the frequent use of pre-trial detention and contributed to the 2015 pre-trial detention reform.
„Victim Support Europe“ With VSE, a European network of victim support organisations, we work on the implementation of EU Victims Directive (2012). The progressive Directive established new standars for protection and support to victims of crime. The purpose of our cooperation is to ensure the Directive is efficiently applied and brings the most practical benefits to the victims.
Hungarian Helsinki Committee HHC is our partner in criminal justice work. We carry out research and advocacy to improve protection of the rights of suspects and accused. In 2016, we launched a joint initiative where we will develop and test an accesible “letter of rights” for suspects in criminal proceedings.
We are founding members of the Human Rights Organisations’ Coalition (HROC) which was created in June 2011. Today HROC unites 8 non-governmental organizations working in the field of human rights and non-discrimination on a wide variety of grounds.
Other partners and colleagues
- Amnesty International
- Human Rights Watch
- Access Info Europe
- Open Society Justice Initiative
- Irish Council for Civil Liberties
- Bulgarijos Helsinkio Komitetas (Българският хелзинкски комитет)
- Italian Coalition for Human Rights and Freedoms (Coalizione Italiana Libertà e Diritti Civili)
- The League of Human Rights („LIGA“) (Liga lidských práv)
- “Rights International Spain”
- Netherlands Committee of Jurists for Human Rights (Nederlands Juristen Comité voor de Mensenrechten)
- Hungarian Civil Liberties Union (Társaság a Szabadságjogokért)
- Polish Helsinki Foundation for Human Rights (Helsińska Fundacja Praw Człowieka)
- Association for the defence of human rights in Romania – Helsinki Committee (APADOR-CH)
- Hellenic League for Human Rights (Elliniki Enosi Gia Ta Dikaiomata Toy Anthropou)
- “Associazione Antigone”
- Belgian League of Human Rights („La Ligue des droits de l’Homme“)
- Portuguese Association for Victim Support (A Associação Portuguesa de Apoio à Vítima)
- European Liberties Platform – an informal network of European civil liberties watchdog non–governmental organizations (NGOs)
- EU Fundamental Rights Platform – network of NGO cooperation under the auspices of the EU Fundamental Rights Agency
- JUSTICIA – informal network of NGOs working in the area of criminal justice across the EU
- Civic Solidarity Platform – advocacy network of independent civic groups from across the OSCE region